Jun 9, 2010

Hanky Shirt


Before I became a SU! demo I used to make a bit of pocket money selling simple little gift ideas...these hanky shirts were one of my best sellers, they would be great for fetes.


The hanky is ironed much the same as an origami paper shirt and there is just one straight pin under the collar holding it together..The origami tie is held in place with a glue dot. I have put it in a large cello bag which has been stamped with Staz on and the leaf was cut out of felt on the bigshot with Leaves #2 die
If you would like to try one of these the easiest thing to do is google origami shirt...there are quite a few you tube videos which explain it clearly ...the only differnce is you will be using a hanky instead of paper...having said that, it's a good idea to practice on paper first...there are also tutorials for origami ties...for mine I used a 7cm (3 inch approx) square of designer paper.....it makes a cute little Father's Day pressie

Another terrible photo, it is actually much brighter than this in real life! This cute little tote was made using a template by Creations by AR...So easy to put together and a lovely little gift bag for any female, big enough for a bottle of perfume or some chocolates
I have received some more cards for the Agape Childrens Home... I have yet to count how many cards I have now but once I do a few more I will take some pics!

1 comment:

  1. Bev,

    That is supercool!

    I am going to have to try this.

    Thanks for sharing. And thanks to Kelly from LNS for putting you in blog finds for 11th June.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks heaps for leaving a comment!